The Bronze Circle of Quality in ExceleRate Illinois recognizes staff qualifications and professional development, with completion of a robust series of trainings for teachers and program administrators. In addition to being Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IDCFS) licensed, a program needs to complete the Licensed Child Care Center Application. Bronze Circle trainings prepare programs for success as they progress through the Circles of Quality.
Since the Early Learning Center met all requirements, we have been awarded the Bronze Circle of Quality.
Gateways Credentials (i.e. ECE Credential Levels 3-5, Infant Toddler Credential Levels 3-5 and the Illinois Director Credential Levels I-III) meet the following ExceleRate Illinois training requirements (across all circles of quality):
- Finding a Curriculum that Works for You
- Introduction to Developmental Screening Tools
- Fundamentals of Child Assessment
- Welcoming Each & Every Child
- Family and Community: Partners in Learning
- An Introduction to Transitions
- Understanding and Planning for Continuous Quality Improvement
- Basics of Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Practice
- Creating Individual Professional Development Plans